VML is your organization.
We were founded by local officials, for local officials. From simply following our electronic communications to working on a policy committee, there are a number of ways to get involved in VML.
1) Communications. You don’t want to miss the critical information that VML is sharing.
- Subscribe to receive eNews our electronic newsletter.
- You will receive a copy of our monthly magazine, Virginia Town & City, which features educational pieces and best practices articles.
- Register for events, download publications, and more.
- Like “Virginia Municipal League” on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter @Virginia_League.
- Download the official VML mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Search: Virginia Municipal League.
2) Annual Conference. Network with your colleagues from around the state and get the latest updates on solving local issues. October 1-3, 2017, Williamsburg
3) Regional Suppers. VML conducts Regional Suppers around the state each spring and fall to provide local government officials with timely information.
4) Finance Forum. VML and VACo sponsor a Finance Forum each year prior to the start of the General Assembly. This popular forum provides an excellent opportunity for local elected officials and staff to be brought up to date on a number of important fiscal issues.
5) VML Day at the Capitol. VML Day at the Capitol is held annually in January. This event provides local officials the opportunity to speak with their state representatives about legislation that will impact their localities.
6) Policy Committees. To get more involved in legislative advocacy, ask your locality to nominate you to serve on one of our policy committees. There are six committees that cover the following topics: Community & Economic Development, Environmental Quality, Finance, General Laws, Human Development & Education, and Transportation.