Web Interaction Designer
• Designs, builds and maintains web components guided by strong understanding of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) principles; continually improves existing components to provide rich web experiences for users; manages intranet and internet systems; updates, troubleshoots and maintains associated software.
• Maintains ongoing knowledge of platform and feature enhancements for CMS, document management systems, asset management systems; assist with document management and data management projects such as creation of forms, workflows, dashboards, charts and reports; leverage APIs to connect digital content to third-party solutions.
• Leads user research and usability testing when needed or appropriate; reviews and manages web sites for proper use based on needs, requirements and County policy; edits sites and content based on the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
• Works with staff to test and validate web components; implements, monitors, assesses, and reports for website analytics; manages user activities when appropriate; coordinates and communicates with creative, technical, strategic and project management teams; provides training on web platforms to end users through formal and informal sessions.
• Conducts research into viable, cost effective software systems for web content managers; presents results from research; installs and maintains the technical infrastructure for these systems.
• Validates online services to meet usability guidelines. Understands web search engine optimization and Section 508 compliance; adopts appropriate web technologies to ensure websites remain an effective tool for all constituent groups; manages the County’s search presence on the internet; corrects any erroneous results where possible.
• Provides vision for future enhancements to websites and mobile apps; keeps current on interactive design and user experience best practices and processes