The James City Service Authority seeks career minded individuals to perform experienced work operating, maintaining, and repairing the JCSA’s Water Production facilities including wells, booster stations, elevated tanks and related mechanical equipment. This is a full-time position with career ladder advancements.
– Apprentice: Salary Range 9, $30,992 – $49.587 / year DOQ
– Operator I: Salary Range 11, $35,832 – $57,331 / year DOQ
– Operator II: Salary Range 12, $38,527 – $61,644 / year DOQ
– Operator III: Salary Range 13, $41,428 – $66,285 / year DOQ
– Operator IV: Salary Range 14, $44,545 – $71,272 / year DOQ
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of water production facilities and water treatment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Valid Virginia Waterworks Operator Class III license is required or must be obtained within the time limits specified in the Waterworks Operator job description.
• Must have the ability and tolerance to function in an environment that requires the use of respiratory protection devices.
• Knowledge of mechanical maintenance, plumbing, and basic electrical work related to pumps, instrumentation, valves, piping, meters, and other water related equipment and processes.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations in calculating chemical dosages, converting units and measurements and performing laboratory analysis.
Accepting applications until position is filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov