Water Utility Worker I/II – Central
Under close supervision of a Water Utility Crew Chief or Water Utility Worker IV, performs a variety of routine unskilled and semi-skilled manual duties required in the operation, maintenance and installation of the water distribution and transmission system and related facilities.
• Graduation from high school or GED and one (1) year of general maintenance and construction experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
• Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment. This position is also subject to random testing after hire.
• Ability to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks.
• Ability to perform basic mechanical operations.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform tasks in a safe manner.
• Ability to read paper plans and maps and digital maps.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Possession of or the ability to obtain a Class “A” Commercial driver’s license within one year.
• Possession of a valid Intermediate Work Zone Safety Training card or the ability to obtain one within one year.
• Ability to work overtime and standby as required.
• Available to perform maintenance work at other than the principle location and hours of work.
• Available to work at night flushing water mains or other scheduled or emergency work.
• Ability to perform heavy physical tasks and lift up to one hundred (100) lbs.
• Ability to work in all climatic conditions including extreme heat and cold.