Water Treatment Plant Trainee
**CAREER LADDER POSITION** EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND ADVANCE!
This position is scheduled to work the evening shift starting at 2 p.m. – Midnight. (Depending on seasonal water demands.)
Our WTP Trainee performs semi-skilled work in the operation and general maintenance of the water treatment plant. Trains in and assists with operation of water treatment plant. As directed, operates and maintains motor controllers, pumps, valves and meters. Trains in monitoring the onscreen display for the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software. Reports to Lead Water Treatment Plant Operator or Water Treatment Plant Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Trains in water treatment plant operations and laboratory procedures.
2. Assists Class I and Class II Waterworks Operators in their duties.
3. Collects water samples from water treatment plant and water distribution system.
4. Tests water samples using standard waterworks laboratory equipment and records test result.
5. Completes chains of custody and delivers water samples to independent laboratories as needed.
6. Responds to water quality complaints.
7. Performs general facility maintenance, custodial duties and grounds keeping.
8. Maintains awareness of safety requirements for industrial waterworks environments and on-site chemical Safety Data Sheets.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
– Possession of a high school diploma/GED.
– Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
– Possession of a valid driver’s license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.
– Pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical. Position subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure incumbent meets physical job requirements.
– Obtain a Virginia Class IV Waterworks License within (1) year of employment.
– Be able to temporarily or indefinitely alternate shifts with limited notification.
– Must be available to work off-hours due to situation severity or to minimize end-user downtime.
At least 3 professional references must be submitted with the online application to be considered. Professional references should include job title, company name and address, phone numbers and email address if available.
For a complete job description and to apply online visit: www.gloucesterva.jobs