Water Treatment Plant Supervisor
The James City Service Authority (JCSA) has an exciting opportunity to be involved in the operation of a 5 mgd brackish groundwater reverse osmosis water treatment plant in James City County, VA. JCSA seeks a career minded individual to supervise and oversee the operation and maintenance of JCSA’s 5 mgd Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Plant. The selected applicant will serve as the technical expert, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Plant with its associated well field and pump houses. This person would also serve as lead operator; train and supervises the work of assigned staff, and perform administrative work related to the Plant operation and maintenance.
• Provide effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management and reviews, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Operate Water Treatment Plant; oversee maintenance and repair of related facilities and assets; assure compliance as JCSA quality assurance agent; serve as technical expert for the Water Treatment Plant; resolve technical discrepancies involving the reverse osmosis process; maintain performance characteristics to ensure distribution system effectiveness.
• Establish and implement goals and objectives for Water Treatment Plant including budget and strategies to complement Water Production Section’s goals and objectives.
• Review plans and specifications; develop recommendations for modifications to existing and proposed assets.
• Maintain computerized maintenance management system for Water Treatment Plant, including scheduling preventive maintenance and planning for corrective maintenance.
• Ensure compliance with water related standards to comply with regulations; proper training and compliance with the County safety program and departmental safety procedures; equipment, materials and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents; conduct safety training as assigned; perform administrative duties including preparation of work logs, field and facility reports.
• Report directly to the Water Production Superintendent and may act in their absence when directed to do so.