Water Service Technician
Do you want a part-time job that helps provide a meaningful service to the community? If so, the Public Utilities Department’s Water Service Technician may be the right job for you! In this position, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the local community has in-field customer response while also ensuring they have utility meters that work appropriately and provide accurate data for a seamless billing process.
The Public Utilities Department’s Water Service Technician is a part-time position (no benefits) with a preferred starting rate of $16.60 – $19.09 per hour. A detailed list of the ideal candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position is available in the Water Service Technician class specification.
As a part-time Water Service Technician, you’ll:
– Perform customer service, investigations, inspections, preventive maintenance, and repair maintenance for Public Utilities work orders;
– Locate and read meters;
– Respond to work order assignments, resolve customer complaints, perform investigations to troubleshoot account management issues, and maintain records and files including documenting all field activities;
– Assist with construction activities by providing investigation of availability and initialization of service;
– Inspect plumbing and utilities for leaks, pressure issues, and cross-connections;
– Perform preventive maintenance and testing of all meter types and registers.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 09/13/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.