WATA Budget Management Specialist
The Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) seeks individuals to perform advanced budget and accounting work planning, organizing, analyzing, evaluating, coordinating, and preparing the annual budget and financial reports for the Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA); and managing federal, state, and local grant funds.
• Assists in preparation of WATA’s annual budget; writes or assists in writing grant applications to obtain federal, state, and local funds for operating, capital projects and staffing budgets; administers awarded grants, including financial accounting and reporting.
• Prepares financial reports for use by the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and federal, state, and local grantors; analytical studies, budget planning models and research projects to assist with long-term planning and policy development; and complex schedules, research, and analysis and reports required for federal, state, and local agencies and external auditors.
• Monitors revenues and expenditures during fiscal year; recommends alternative solutions to budget deviations; prepares invoices for federal, state, and local grant reimbursement; processes invoices for payment to vendors; assists in processing monthly purchasing card transactions.
• Writes or assists with writing policy documents; develops procedures for financial related processes.
• Serves as WATA’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison Officer.