Wastewater Maintenance Crew Supervisor II
Application deadline: October 27, 2017 at 5pm EST
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
This position with the Public Utilities Department with the City of Charlottesville performs difficult skilled and responsible technical work supervising, inspecting and participating in the work of a maintenance, repair or construction crew of utility installations, specifically wastewater/water lines. Work is performed under regular supervision. Supervision is exercised over an assigned work crew of semi-skilled workers and operators and/or contractors. Subject to recall or extended work day due to natural disaster or emergencies.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. (One year of work experience may substitute for one year of education, up to a maximum two years substitution.)
– Minimum of three years of experience in skilled maintenance repair, installation or construction work related to the area assigned.
– Must have valid VA driver’s license by employment start date.
– Requires the ability to obtain a valid, appropriate, CDL by employment start date or within 6 months of hire.
– Must obtain and/or maintain any certifications as required by applicable federal, state local regulations and departmental policies.
– In accordance with departmental policies, must be able to be contacted by phone in the case of an emergency; must be able to work overtime and respond on an on-call basis when necessary.
– Preference for a minimum of one years in a supervisory position.
To view a more complete job posting and to apply, visit our website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity.