Wastewater Facilities Superintendent
• Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
• Establishes and implements goals, objectives and priorities for the Wastewater Facilities Section; develops procedures, budget needs, and strategies to meet the Utility Operations Division’s goals and objectives; coordinates implementation of regulatory requirements relating to the operation of wastewater facilities; develops procedures to ensure protection of the environment.
• Revises and updates wastewater related standards to comply with state and health regulations; ensures compliance for Capacity, Management, Operation and Maintenance (CMOM) and Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO) requirements.
• Develops and maintains preventive maintenance programs, periodic preventive maintenance schedules and operating procedures; manages, develops and coordinates an automated record keeping system to record and track preventive maintenance, unscheduled maintenance and required infrastructure repairs; assures sanitary sewer infrastructure is constructed, repaired and operated in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
• Reviews plans and specifications; develops recommendations for modifications to existing and proposed infrastructure.
• Ensures all equipment, materials and work conditions are adequately maintained to prevent accidents; serves as safety and technical instructor for the JCSA.
• Responds to citizens’ questions, complaints or concerns relating to wastewater construction and repair issues; acts as subject matter expert for all related topics.