Wastewater Collection Apprentice/Specialist I/Specialist II
James City Service Authority (JCSA) seeks an individual to perform responsible work installing, maintaining, repairing, and constructing the JCSA water and wastewater systems. There are three levels in the Wastewater Collection series distinguished by the level of work performed and the qualifications of the employee. Position is eligible for Full-Time County Benefits.
Apprentice: $28,823 / year or higher DOQ
Specialist I: $30,992 / year or higher DOQ
Specialist II: $33,324 / year or higher DOQ
• Works as a member of a crew performing manual labor installing, repairing, and maintaining JCSA sewer and water infrastructure; operates or learns to operate heavy equipment.
• Serves as the confined space attendant for no potential, low potential, and hazardous atmosphere environment and associated Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
• Performs administrative tasks such as preparing work orders, mapping infrastructure, and taking sewer flow measurements.
• Conducts or learns to conduct manhole and mainline inspections that center on JCSA standards; catalogs problems for repair purposes.
• Flags and controls traffic in accordance with State regulations.
• Specialist I only: Monitors testing devices for confined space.
• Specialist II only: Serves as competent person during excavation operations and during confined space entry activities as the entry supervisor; evaluates work sites and determines materials, tools, and equipment needed to perform jobs; operates closed circuit television camera and required to perform basic setup and maintenance on CCTV equipment.