The City of Falls Church is recruiting for a full-time Videographer. The selected individual will work for the Falls Church City Television in the Office of Communications and reports to the Senior Video Specialist.
• Shoot and edit videos upon request.
• Operate station studio video equipment.
• Maintain inventory and reservation system, including ensuring that equipment is in working order before and after an item is borrowed and returned.
• Assist high school students and public access producers with troubleshooting software and equipment.
• Accommodate studio set up for high school student and public access productions.
• Maintain digital video archive of government productions.
• With the Senior Video Specialist, maintain social media strategy for increasing awareness of FCCTV.
• On a daily basis, encode and upload productions to the station’s broadcast server
• On a weekly basis, import, edit, and upload public meetings to the station’s broadcast server, YouTube page, and Granicus server
• On a daily basis, look for production opportunities with the City government and Public School system
• Look for opportunities to promote the station’s activities and goals on a daily basis.
• Administrative duties as assigned.
• On an as-needed, occassional basis, live switch events or meetings on evenings and weekends.
• Knowledge of /experience with video recording
• Knowledge of /experience with video editing
• Knowledge of both PC and Mac software
• Ability to work independently
• Willingness to learn
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with some options for flexible schedule.
Salary & Benefits: The salary range starts at $35,593 and depends upon qualifications. Employment includes comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, flexible spending account, college savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, credit union membership, free parking, and more. See www.fallschurchva.gov/HR for additional information.
To Apply: Send City application or resume to City of Falls Church, HR Div, 300 Park Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046 or email.