Victim/Witness Program Assistant
The Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office is seeking an individual to perform administrative support to the Victim Witness Program. Occasionally provides direct services to victims of crime.
· Answer calls from victims and witnesses.
· Call victims and witnesses regarding case developments.
· Screen victims and witnesses for referrals to community resources.
· Explain the court process and provides emotional support.
· Serve as an intermediary between the Victim Witness Program and the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office.
· Initiate and send correspondence to include initial contact letters, case status letters, and disposition letters.
· Update information in the program management system.
· Prepare cases summaries for the Multi-Displinary Team meetings monthly, and attend the meetings when necessary.
Salary: $23,918.00– Minimum 24 hours per week (may vary depending on case load)
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school diploma required; completion of college level courses in social sciences, criminal justice, or related fields preferred; some experience in direct delivery of human services preferred. Strong customer service skills required.
· Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
· Knowledge of local and state criminal justice system; case management and crisis intervention techniques; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction preferred.
· Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to interpret and explain policies and procedures; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.