Victim/Witness Program Assistant
The Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office is seeking an individual to perform administrative support to the Victim Witness Program. Occasionally provides direct services to victims of crime.
· Answer calls from victims and witnesses.
· Call victims and witnesses regarding case developments.
· Screen victims and witnesses for referrals to community resources.
· Explain the court process and provides emotional support.
· Serve as an intermediary between the Victim Witness Program and the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office.
· Initiate and send correspondence to include initial contact letters, case status letters, and disposition letters.
· Update information in the program management system.
· Prepare cases summaries for the Multi-Displinary Team meetings monthly, and attend the meetings when necessary.
Salary: $23,918.00– Minimum 24 hours per week (may vary depending on case load)
This is a part-time, grant-funded position which is contingent upon grant renewal. Pre-employment physical/drug testing and criminal background check, to include fingerprinting, required.