Vehicle and Equipment Technician
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018 at 5pm EST
Contribute to the delivery of the Department of Public Works mission in providing professional public works services to manage natural and built systems, and foster community health, safety, and sustainability. The Fleet Maintenance Division of the Charlottesville Public Works Department is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Vehicle and Equipment Technician who is highly motivated and who strives for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
This position studies, diagnoses and resolves unusual problems encountered in the maintenance and repair of City vehicles and equipment. Position performs difficult skilled work repairing and maintaining diesel powered heavy construction and automotive equipment; does related work as required. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is performed as leader or director with broad functional areas and more expertise and strategic focus.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of high school or vocational school supplemented by technical training courses in automotive or diesel equipment repair;
– Extensive mechanical repair experience including considerable experience in repairing and maintaining power equipment;
– Possession of a valid, appropriate, driver’s permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia by employment start date.
– Possession of a Virginia State Inspectors License;
– Possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License;
– Possession of, or ability and willingness to acquire with 12 months of hire, an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications or Master Certification in Automotive and/or Medium-Heavy Truck Brakes.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment website and only until the closing date of the position. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.