Do you have an excellent driving record and enjoy driving? If so, apply to become a Van/Car Driver in the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation and get paid for doing what you love!
The ideal candidate for this position must have a driving record in accordance with City policy and be available for at least 6 hours per day (Monday – Friday) to drive students from Harrisonburg to Charlottesville. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is not required for this position.
As a Van/Car Driver, you’ll be assigned to a route and will be responsible for:
– Driving students to their destination and making the return trip;
– Assisting in the boarding process and off-loading process of students;
– Operating a radio to report unusual traffic conditions, vehicle condition, passenger emergencies, or other issues that may arise;
– Performing pre-trip inspection of a medium-sized passenger vehicle;
– Reporting operating and equipment deficiencies;
– Cleaning and fueling vehicle;
– Maintaining discipline in the vehicle in order to ensure passenger safety.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/17/2023)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave, holidays and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.