Utility Protection Coordinator
Loudoun Water, a public water and sewer utility located in Ashburn, Virginia, has an immediate opening for a Utility Protection Coordinator. The successful candidate will focus on the protection of Loudoun Water assets by coordinating and enforcing the utility protection damage prevention program. The ability to read plans and technical drawings is required. Knowledge in underground utility construction (i.e., directional drilling and pipe laying) is a plus.
Essential functions include:
• Organize, manage, observe, and document work associated with VA811 excavation tickets.
• Visit sites frequently to coordinate with contractors and observe/document excavation activities near Loudoun Water assets to uphold proper separation for crossings and overall protection of facilities.
• Locate, mark, and document assets by operating pipe and underground utilities locating equipment, as required.
• Enforce and document easement encroachment issues.
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure proper communication and resolution for any field-related issues.
Requirements: Graduation from high school and ten years of utility locating experience. Overtime/On-call work is expected. Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Basic skill level using GIS systems, ticket management software, and Microsoft Outlook. Must be willing to advance job knowledge through formal training.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE