Utility Maintenance Trainee
The public works department provides its employees a clear path for growth by providing unique training opportunities in both the skilled trades and technical field positions. The department promotes a team building environment by dedicating resources for training opportunities both formal and on the job which increases the efficiency, effectiveness and overall strength of the department.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED, or equivalent education, training, and experience
• Experience operating general hand and power tools
Licenses and Certifications
• Valid Virginia driver’s license, with the ability to meet and maintain Town insurability requirements with a minimum of two (2) years driving experience.
• Obtain Class B Commercial Driver’s License Learner’s Permit (within six (6) months of hire date)
• Obtain and maintain Work Zone Safety, VA Flagging, Blood Borne Pathogens, and CPR & First Aid certification