Utility Account Representative
• Assists with processing customer billing for services provided by JCSA/Hampton Roads Utility Billing Service (HRUBS); interprets and updates information from a variety of databases and other local utilities; operates, gathers data, and monitors asset management and work order system and Geographic Information System (GIS) software programs.
• Calculates and processes payments for water/sewer tap fees on new construction by researching premise using JCSA Geographic Information System (GIS) and James City County Real Estate plats; issues receipts for payments and maintains a cash drawer to include preparing and verifying bank deposits.
• Researches and resolves problems using in-depth knowledge of JCSA operations and independent judgment; negotiates payment extensions or arrangements with customers; and initiates non-payment cut-offs or meter removal for broken payment plans; performs and completes analytical review of customer accounts for leak adjustments; obtains and analyzes water meter data logs to assist customer concerns related to high usage and troubleshoot potential leaks.
• Responds to emergency and non-emergency service related phone calls, e-mails, and work orders from staff and inquiries from the public requiring interpretation, data research, and independent judgment in determining the appropriate response; explains policies and procedures to customers; evaluates calls for service to determine cause of problem; and dispatches appropriate crew or technician.
• Coordinates water meter readings with JCSA Operations staff; initiates work orders for new or terminated service, water flow checks, meter leaks, water quality and related work, communicating results as needed either verbally or in writing with customers.
• Administers JCSA Grinder Pump Maintenance Agreement program; determines potential customer eligibility, coordinates and schedules inspections by Operations field staff, issues denial letters and ensures accuracy of billing related to associated fees.
• Tracks JCSA loan and connection fee payments; generates related reports, invoices and payment vouchers; initiates collection process on delinquent accounts; processes deposits and assigns appropriate general ledger account code.
• (Utility Account Representative III) Determines eligibility of delinquent accounts for Commonwealth’s Debt Set Off Program and processes eligible accounts using online Virginia Department of Taxation system.