Utility Account Representative
James City County’s General Services Department is seeking an individual to perform responsible work assisting new and existing customers in the curbside recycling enrollment and billing/payment processes.
• Assists with processing customer billing for services provided by General Services curbside recycling program, interprets, maintains and updates information from a variety of databases to ensure accurate information regarding all accounts, reports and bills.
• Assists recycling customers in establishing new accounts, transfers accounts when property ownership changes; maintains and updates account records as needed.
• Receives and responds to a variety of inquiries, researches accounts, and resolves discrepancies.
• Responds to service related phone calls, e-mails and inquiries from the public; appraises calls for service to determine cause of problem; relays information to contractor.
• Maintains, prepares a service termination list and maintains a variety of records and files.
• Coordinates with contractor on service issues, missed pickups, equipment delivery and placement and schedule variations.