OWASA is seeking a team member to join our capital improvements team as a Utilities Engineer. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned capital improvement projects. Key responsibilities include:
• Developing request for proposals qualifications to include contracts, cost estimates, bid/proposals, contract awards, etc.
• Executing assigned capital improvement projects and studies by procuring and directing the work of consultants and contractors
• Providing engineering expertise to ensure the successful completion of assigned capital improvement projects
• Overseeing construction of assigned capital improvement projects in conjunction with resident project representatives
• Maintaining project schedules and budgets, ensuring conformance with internal policies, engineering standards, and regulatory requirements
• Responding to customer concerns and inquiries; Interacting with consultants, contractors, regulators, operations and professional staff, members of the public, and other stakeholders
Requires knowledge of engineering and project management principles and practices used in the design, permitting, and construction of public water and wastewater projects. Candidates should be self-motivated and have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a proven ability to effectively manage projects. There are two potential job classifications within this position.
Team members are our most important resource. Benefits include:
• Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System (pension plan)
• Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution (no match required)
• Retirement Health Savings account
• Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
• Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement, Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
• Educational Reimbursement, Cell Phone Stipend, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
• Much, much more!
This recruitment will close on February 13, 2023.