Get paid to welcome visitors to the City of Harrisonburg with a dynamic part-time customer service position in Downtown Harrisonburg in the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center. Do you love Harrisonburg and like to help others? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position may be the right job for you!
The Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position is a part-time position (no benefits) and a preferred hiring rate of $12.76 per hour. The position currently requires availability to work approximately 2-3 days per week, primarily Tuesdays and Fridays. Additional shifts may be available, depending upon the applicant’s availability and business needs.
The Travel Specialist:
– Provides information about the area and area attractions, including using a map to give directions, through various methods, such as via telephone, written correspondence, or in-person;
– Ensures all visitors are acknowledged and greeted appropriately;
– Acts as a public relations person promoting facility services and events;
– Ensures the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center operates in a clean and orderly fashion, including keeping the work area and storage areas neat and orderly;
– Operates office equipment, including cash registers, computer software, and computer systems, and performs routine data entry on computer;
– Performs other duties as listed on the City’s website and as assigned.
Find out more information specifically related to this position by visiting the link at the bottom of this advertisement.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 05/27/2022)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.