Do you want a fun part-time customer service position that allows you to interact with patrons visiting the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center and local area? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position may be the right job for you!
The Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position is a part-time position (no benefits) and a preferred hiring rate of $12.15 per hour. The position currently requires availability to work most Sundays from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Additional shifts throughout other days of the week may be available, depending upon the applicant’s availability and business needs. Applicants who cannot currently work Sundays from 9:00am – 5:00pm may be considered for future vacancies if other shifts become available at a later date.
The Travel Specialist:
– Provides information about the area and area attractions, including using a map to give directions, through various methods, such as via telephone, written correspondence, or in-person;
– Ensures all visitors are acknowledged and greeted appropriately;
– Acts as a public relations person promoting facility services and events;
– Ensures the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center operates efficiently, including but not limited to controlling the movement of traffic in and out of the area, monitoring patron conduct, making announcements and paging individuals at the facility, performing daily maintenance tasks, and maintaining the facility and storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion;
– Other duties as listed on the City’s website and as assigned.
Find out more information specifically related to this position on the City’s website: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website (https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment) until a suitable pool of candidates is received. The first review of applications is expected to begin by November 8, 2021. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 10/29/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.