Do you want a fun part-time customer service position that allows you to interact with patrons visiting the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center and local area? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position may be the right job for you!
The Tourism Department’s Travel Specialist position is a part-time position (no benefits) and a preferred hiring rate of $12.15 per hour. The position currently requires availability to work most Sundays from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Additional shifts throughout other days of the week may be available, depending upon the applicant’s availability and business needs. Applicants who cannot currently work Sundays from 9:00am – 5:00pm may be considered for future vacancies if other shifts become available at a later date.
The Travel Specialist:
– Provides information about the area and area attractions, including using a map to give directions, through various methods, such as via telephone, written correspondence, or in-person;
– Ensures all visitors are acknowledged and greeted appropriately;
– Acts as a public relations person promoting facility services and events;
– Ensures the Hardesty-Higgins House Visitor Center operates efficiently, including but not limited to controlling the movement of traffic in and out of the area, monitoring patron conduct, making announcements and paging individuals at the facility, performing daily maintenance tasks, and maintaining the facility and storage areas in a clean and orderly fashion;
– Operates office equipment, including cash registers, computer software, and computer systems, and performs routine data entry on computer;
– Collects money for transactions, issues receipt of payment, and maintains daily records;
– Reconciles cash on hand with daily receipts and may prepare end-of-day receipt record and deposit;
– Writes information on area events and attractions;
– Other related duties.
Find out more/apply online at: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. The first review of applications is expected to begin by September 1, 2021. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 08/23/2021)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. EOE.