Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program Manager
The person in this position should be a self-motivated individual who takes initiative to manage and advance the City’s TDM Program, continuously improve processes, and get the job done. This person should have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of TDM policies and grant management. The employee should be adept in project management; able to collaborate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, boards, commissions, businesses, civic groups, and the general public; and be able to present technical information effectively, both orally and in writing. This person should also be able to manage junior staff and support their professional development
The Opportunity – Examples of work
– Develops overall strategy and strategic direction for the City’s Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program, GO Alex.
– Supervises and manages the work and professional development of three staff members who support the GO Alex program and the Paratransit program.
– Identifies funding opportunities and oversees submission of multiple grant applications and reporting requirements and coordinates with grantors.
– Manages the program’s $2 million+ budget, which includes grant funding and contributions from new development.
– Develops an implementation plan for the new Transportation Management Plan (TMP) Policy, which will include working with the Complete Streets, Vision Zero, Shared Mobility, and Transit Planning teams to create an annual work plan and budget for projects and programs that could be funded by the TMP Fund.
– Conducts surveys and uses data to measure the effectiveness of various TDM efforts and programs.
– Coordinates with TDM and Paratransit partners in the region to identify best practices and share information about successful programs and policies.
– Represents the City at regional and national conferences to share information about the City’s successes.
– Makes presentations to City Council, Planning Commission, Transportation Commission, and other boards and community groups related to TDM and Paratransit policies and programs.