Transit Maintenance Worker
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
This position performs responsible semi-skilled work in the general maintenance of transit buses and other equipment and facilities; does related work as required. Primarily and most frequently the work done here is under general supervision, with related functional areas and more advanced applications.
The hiring amount will be between $15.09 and $17.34 an hour ($31,396.00 to $36,067.20 annually). Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Washes bus exteriors using an automated wash facility and steam cleaners;
– Cleans bus interiors;
– Fuels and checks fluid level of transit vehicles;
– Cleans bus shelters and makes minor repairs;
– Assists transit mechanics with routine work as required;
– Delivers replacement vehicles to operators en route;
– Maintains shop spaces and grounds;
– Picks up and delivers parts, supplies, and other items;
– Performs related tasks as required.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to completion of the tenth grade.
– Some experience in the maintenance and operation of large automotive equipment.
– Possession of a valid, appropriate driver’s permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166).
– Requires the ability to obtain a class B CDL within 6 months of hire.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.