Transit Bus Technician
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021 at 5pm EST.
The Charlottesville Transportation Department is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Transit Bus Technician. Under limited supervision, performs highly skilled work in the inspection, maintenance and repair of City heavy diesel powered transit buses, diesel-electric hybrid powered buses, cutaway buses, staff vehicles and equipment. Performs related work as required. Reports to the Assistant Director of Transit, Maintenance and Facilities.
The hiring amount will be between $19.55 and $25.00 an hour ($40,669.63 to $52,000.00 annually). Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or GED.
– Five years of experience in problem diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of automotive equipment required. (Related heavy diesel technical education/trade training above high school may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.)
– Must possess a valid, commercial driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia within 90 days of start date. Must maintain eligible driver status per City of Charlottesville’s vehicle use policy. (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166).
– ASE Master Certification in Transit Bus (or ability to obtain certification within first year of service).
– Requires possession of a Virginia State Inspectors License within six months of start date.
– Prior experience with heavy and/or specialized diesel equipment is highly preferred.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through the City of Charlottesville employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.