The Town of Altavista is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Manager, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the Town government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/manager/administrator level in an organization with comparable hands-on responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of Town government operations. Virginia local government experience as a manager, deputy, assistant, or department director is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex and multiple community development and capital projects simultaneously. Experience in grant writing and management is desirable.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, a review of candidates will begin September 30, 2021.