The Town of Stuart is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Manager, who works as the administrative officer who handles operations of all Town facilities and employees, as directed by the Mayor and Town Council.
• Degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related field; experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree will be considered.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at an administrative level in an organization with comparable responsibilities.
• Local government experience in Virginia is desirable.
• Working knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting.
• Experience of grants application/administration, “on call” operation, financial management, planning and zoning, and economic development would be qualities that would enhance the candidate’s attractiveness.
• Familiarity with wastewater treatment plants, and (surface water) drinking water treatment plants, including water and sewer line leak repair.
• Familiarity with county, state, and federal regulatory requirements as applied to the Town and its facilities.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by June 28, 2021, with professional references and salary expectations, to Mayor Ray Weiland at 100 Patrick Ave. Stuart VA, 24171. The position of Town Manager will remain open until a qualified candidate is found, but reviewing of applications will begin June 30, 2021.
Any questions about the Town Manager position should be directed to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see job requirements at https://townofstuartva.com/news