The Town of Grottoes is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Manager, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the Town government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning, or a related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Three to five years of progressively responsible leadership at an executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of Town government operations. Local government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy, assistant, or department head is desirable.
• Experience with grants application/administration, “on call” operations, financial management, planning and zoning, and economic development would enhance the candidate’s attractiveness.
• A record of being visible and active in the community; with demonstrated leadership.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin March 12, 2021. Inquiries relating to the Town Manager position may be directed to:
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (540) 257-4782