The Town of Colonial Beach is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Town Manager, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the Town government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable hands-on responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of town government operations. Virginia local government experience as a manager, deputy or assistant is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex and multiple economic development and capital projects simultaneously through a variety of funding agencies. Experience in stormwater and emergency management is a plus.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references, to The Berkley Group via email at margaret@bgllc. net. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin March 1, 2021. Inquiries relating to the Town Manager position may be directed to:
Margaret M. Schmitt
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (434) 851-5814