The Town of Bluefield is actively seeking applicants to fulfill the position of Town Manager. The Town of Bluefield exercises a Council-Manager form of government. This position is appointed position by the Town Council and with work being performed under the general direction of the Town Council who review the work through observation, regular meetings, and performance driven results. The position of Town Manager would serve as the Chief Administrative Officer and Personnel Officer for the Town of Bluefield and would be directly responsible to perform all aspects related to the coordination and management of Town business, finance and administration.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) with coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, Government, Finance, or related fields; equivalent professional experience may be considered.
• Demonstrate three to five years of successful leadership at a senior/administrative level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of town government operations. Local government experience in the State of Virginia as a manager, deputy, or assistant is desirable. A working knowledge of accounting and budget process.
• A record of being an active member of one’s local community, through participation in local service organizations and volunteer activities.
• Experience and/or education with planning & zoning, grant writing, emergency response plans, economic development, labor relations and project management.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and administer meetings in a public setting. Development and sustainment of professional relationships, spirit of partnership.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
Email or mail applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org