This is complex professional and administrative work which involves supervising all operations of the Town government as outlined in the Town Charter, Town Code and as directed by the Mayor and Town Council. Work involves serving as the Town’s chief administrative officer, the Town’s personnel officer, and the Town’s purchasing agent. Work involves a great deal of public contact and requires a significant amount of friendliness, tact, diplomacy and a professional appearance. This is an appointed position by the Town Council with work being performed under the general direction of the Mayor and Town Council who review the work through observation, regular meetings and results obtained.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field; experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree will be considered.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of town government operations. Local government experience in Virginia as a manager, deputy or assistant is desirable. A working knowledge of governmental accounting and the budget process.
• A record of being an active member of one’s community, through participation in local service organizations and volunteer activities.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development through participation in organizations such as the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) and the Virginia Local Government Management Association (VLGMA); designation or progress toward designation as ICMA Credentialed Manager would be a plus.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specific criteria listed above.
The initial review of candidates will begin December 15, 2020. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled, however, it is anticipated that telephone interviews with selected candidates will be conducted in early January. Timely submittal will ensure the most advantageous review. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume, with salary history and professional references, to email@example.com
To request a complete job description, salary range and benefit package, please visit www.stpaulva.org or email Debora Baca at firstname.lastname@example.org