Town Clerk (part-time)
The Town of Warrenton is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of part-time Town Clerk. This is a critical role, providing high-level and highly complex Council support. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, deadline-driving, aware of and responsive to time-sensitive items, be able to manage multiple competing priorities, and maintain a professional demeanor while working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include attending all Town Council meetings (this includes night meetings), preparing minutes for approval, serving as custodian to official Town records, preparing public hearing notices and communications for Council, and other duties as assigned. First review of applications will occur March 24, 2021. For more information on the Town of Warrenton, please visit https://www.warrentonva.gov/.
To apply please visit, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/warrentonva.
• Education and experience equivalent to graduation from High School.
• Notary Public of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Experience in office management, administrative and/or clerical support, and/or executive staff support.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience in a closely related field may be considered.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration.
• Preferred: Certified Municipal Clerk designation.
• Preferred: Experience working with elected officials.