Tourism Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting career with an organization that allows you to utilize your professional marketing and media relations experience while making a direct impact in the local community? If so, consider applying to the City of Harrisonburg’s Tourism Marketing & Social Media Specialist position!
As the Marketing & Social Media Specialist in Tourism, you’ll play a vital role in the City’s efforts to market Harrisonburg as a tourism destination through the performance of a variety of duties, such as developing social media plans, capturing photographs for promotional purposes, and assisting in the coordination, planning, and implementation of special events and projects. Additionally, in this position you’ll track statistics related to marketing efforts, make daily updates to social media outlets, and assist in upkeeping, updating, and editing the Harrisonburg Tourism apps. You’re the ideal candidate for this position if you are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals while also utilizing your knowledge of the principles and practices of marketing.
– Bachelor’s degree with coursework in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, public administration, or related field and considerable (3-5 years) experience in marketing/effectively communicating in a professional capacity through social media outlets. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be used to meet this requirement.
– Valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire date.
– Availability to work flexible hours, including periodic evenings, weekends, and holidays.
– Bilingual abilities preferred but not required.
– View the physical requirements of this position on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 12/14/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an EOE.