Technician II – Grounds Maintenance
Do you want to use your technical skills to enhance the public’s quality of life by developing and maintaining a safe system of open spaces and facilities for the use and enjoyment by the public? If so, the Parks and Recreation Department’s Technician II – Grounds Maintenance position may be the right career for you!
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications for the Technician II level may be considered for other levels within the department at an annual rate commensurate with applicant qualifications.
As a Technician II, you will:
– Make inspections to determine the condition of parks/facilities and other areas as to their need for maintenance care and recommend/coordinate course of action for needed repairs and/or further maintenance;
– Observe contractors on-site to ensure service is accurate, appropriate, and effective;
– Engage in and lead installation, maintenance, and repair projects;
– Operate specialized equipment in the performance of the job duties, including dump trucks, pickup trucks, small and large trailers, grounds maintenance equipment, tractors, zero turn mowers, Ventracs, backhoes, chainsaws, line trimmers, and more;
– Perform other duties as listed in the ad on the City’s website.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/10/2023)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.