Technician I – Street Maintenance
Do you want to use your technical skills to enhance citizens’ quality of life by providing efficient public services and constructing, operating and maintaining the City’s infrastructure? If so, the Public Works Department’s Technician I position in Street Maintenance may be the right career for you!
The Public Works Department Technician I in Street Maintenance is a full-time position with benefits and a preferred hiring range of $17.08 – $19.64 per hour (equivalent to $35,526 – $40,851 annually). Applicants who do not meet the qualifications for the Technician I level may be considered for another level within the department at an annual rate commensurate with applicant qualifications.
Preferred Hiring Ranges:
– Journeyman: $16.12 – $18.54 per hour (equivalent to $33,529 – $38,563 annually)
– Technician I: $17.08 – $19.64 per hour (equivalent to $35,526 – $40,851 annually)
As a Technician I in Street Maintenance, you will:
– Operate medium to large motorized equipment and make minor repairs to equipment;
– Operate smaller handheld tools, including concrete saws, jackhammers with air compressors, and more;
– Install, repair, maintain, and clean facilities and grounds;
– Set forms and grades to pour sidewalks, curbs, ADA ramps, slabs and foundations;
– Screen and float fresh concrete, run edges, put in joints, and make decorative finishes and patterns;
– Supervise personnel assigned to truck or equipment;
– Assist with a variety of other duties as listed in the job ad on the City’s website.
Find out more information related to this opportunity on the City’s website: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit a complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, to include previous work experience and education history. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 05/20/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.