Technician I – Grounds
Are you seeking a rewarding position that allows you the opportunity to use your experience in general maintenance, groundskeeping, and/or parks maintenance? If so, the City of Harrisonburg’s Technician I – Grounds position may be the right career for you!
The Technician I – Grounds position is a full-time position with benefits. Applicants who cannot meet the qualifications for the Technician I level may be considered for another level within the department at an annual rate commensurate with applicant qualifications. The preferred hiring ranges for all levels at which candidates will be considered are below; however, an exact salary will be dependent upon the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
– Crew Member: $13.26 – $15.25 per hour
– Journeyman: $14.90 – $17.14 per hour
– Technician I: $15.79 – $18.16 per hour
The Technician I – Grounds position:
– Performs a variety of landscaping duties in the maintenance of park grounds, including but not limited to mowing grass, edging sidewalks and curbs, weed eating, trimming trees and shrubs, spraying herbicides and removing leaves and debris;
– Makes inspections to determine the condition of parks and other areas as to their need for maintenance care;
– Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints effectively, courteously and tactfully;
– Assists with snow and ice removal;
– Performs detailed vehicle/equipment pre-trip inspections and cleans personal items/trash from vehicle after use;
– Performs other related duties to ensure parks and maintenance operations run efficiently, including but not limited to cleaning park facilities, minor plumbing maintenance, maintaining playground equipment and carpentry tasks.
To find out more information specifically related to this position, visit: https://www.harrisonburgva.gov/employment.
To Apply: All candidates must submit a complete City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including education history and work experience, in order to be considered. The position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted on the City’s website on 03/05/2021)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & ICMA-RC), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an EOE.