Technical Support Specialist
Application Deadline: July 8, 2022 at 5pm EST.
The City endeavors to maintain leading-edge technology while providing cost effective IT services. As part of the Information Technology Department, the Technical Support Specialist serves as the first point of contact to facilitate timely and suitable resolution to information technology issues. Reports to the Sr. Technical Support Specialist.
– Provides assistance to personal computer users who make requests via telephone or email;
– Resolves first and second tier IT service issues and route complex service requests to the Systems and/or the Network Engineer;
– Installs and configures personal computers, software and peripheral equipment utilizing enterprise deployment/management tools such as SCCM;
– Performs maintenance and repairs on personal computers and serves as the point of contact for devices repaired by outside vendors;
– Provides information, explanations and instruction to resolve issues and to orient users with new hardware, software and security policies;
– Maintains accurate records for all services calls;
– Participates in the accomplishment of organizational, departmental, and workgroup goals and objectives;
– Remains knowledgeable about emerging desktop and mobile technologies;
– Performs other duties as assigned;
– Reports to the Sr. Technical Support Specialist.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or technical school with an Associate’s degree in a computer technology related subject area.
– Must have at least one year experience working in a computer help desk or similar environment.
– In depth knowledge of personal computers and demonstrable expertise in the most current versions of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
– A valid driver’s license.
– Experience and working knowledge in following IT support areas are highly preferred:
– Mass desktop deployment/management experience utilizing enterprise tools such as SCCM;
– Computer virus/malware prevention and remediation
– Mobile Device (iOS and Android) support experience
– Foundational knowledge in computer networking and telecom technologies
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.