Tech Services Specialist
The Williamsburg Regional Library, identified as one of the best public libraries in the United States by Library Journal’s 2020 star ratings, seeks an engaging individual to perform responsible work including a variety of clerical and administrative tasks related to the acquisition, cataloging and processing of Williamsburg Regional Library materials.
• Orders, receives, and processes library materials using integrated library system (ILS) and other computer applications; processing, shipping and tracking returns of library materials.
• Maintains accurate periodical and serials records in ILS; alerts appropriate staff to changes requiring additional attention; searches and claims bibliographic records from databases for entry into ILS; uses local guidelines, edits bibliographic records on ILS and assigns headings and call numbers; participates in the ongoing analysis and planning of technical services operations.
• Oversees and performs mailroom operations including, sorting, metering and batching outgoing mail and other deliveries; prepares packages and bulk materials for mailing or shipping; sorting and delivering intra-library mail and other shipments; receives and unpacks shipments as needed; maintains logs and statistics; and monitors USPS regulations and development along with those of other carriers, recommends and implements procedure changes accordingly.
• Assists in routine database maintenance procedures; creates and maintains files in donations database.
• Creates and processes bookplates; records statistics; contributes to the maintenance and updating of procedures manual.
• Assists in training staff and designated volunteers; may participate in library-wide committees or projects.