Supervisor of Utility Protection
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Supervisor of Utility Protection in the Planning & Engineering Division. The Supervisor will be responsible for the team of utility protection technicians who locate and protect Loudoun Water critical assets. Essential functions include:
• Provides leadership to the Utility Protection Team and supervises the team’s daily activities.
• Develops staff through coaching, to enhance professional growth and manage staff’s performance.
• Delegates and manages daily ticket load to ensure team is focused on critical tickets.
• Ensures technicians comply with established excavating/marking/LW standards, policies, and procedures to provide high quality utility protection services and consistent approach.
• Provides technical expertise to the construction community and customers on proper procedures and requirements.
• Provides guidance to train and support the technicians in all matters relating to utility protection services provided by Loudoun Water.
• Works closely with the Manager to develop, prepare, implement and support current and future policies and procedures for the department.
• Assists the Manager in the recruitment, evaluation, and hiring of new staff.
• Conducts and prepares report information for damage investigations with the assistance of the technician.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, one with an eye for quality and excellent organizational, technical, writing and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: High school diploma and a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible construction and/or locating industry experience. Supervisory experience a plus.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE