Supervisor of Utility Protection
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Supervisor of Utility Protection in the Engineering Division. The Supervisor will be responsible for the team of utility protection technicians who locate and protect Loudoun Water critical assets. Essential functions include:
• Provides leadership to the Utility Protection Team and supervises the team’s daily activities.
• Develops staff through coaching, to enhance professional growth and manage staff’s performance.
• Delegates and manages daily ticket load to ensure team is focused on critical tickets.
• Ensures technicians comply with established excavating/marking/LW standards, policies, and procedures to provide high quality utility protection services and consistent approach.
• Provides technical expertise to the construction community and customers on proper procedures and requirements.
• Provides guidance to train and support the technicians in all matters relating to utility protection services provided by Loudoun Water.
• Works closely with the Manager to develop, prepare, implement and support current and future policies and procedures for the department.
• Assists the Manager in the recruitment, evaluation, and hiring of new staff.
• Conducts and prepares report information for damage investigations with the assistance of the technician.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, one with an eye for quality and excellent organizational, technical, writing and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: High school diploma and a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible construction and/or locating industry experience. Overtime/On-call work is expected. Supervisory experience a plus.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE