Streets and Refuse Crew Worker
Summary & Scope of Responsibilities: Responsible for general sanitation and cleanliness of the Town of Colonial Beach, including but not limited to trash pick-up routes and public areas.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Daily residential refuse collection on trash truck
• Street sanitation
• Beach clean up
• Brush pick up
• Bagged leaf collection
• Frequent lifting up to 70 pounds
• Frequent climbing upon equipment
• Ability to climb ladders, balance, stoop, reach, stand for extended periods of time, walk distances, maintain stability, push/pull heavy objects and grasp objects
• Performs work as required in extreme outdoor and indoor environments including heat, cold, noise and/or vibrations
Expected hours & Travel: Normal work hours of 7:00am-3:00pm required Monday-Friday.
Required Education & Experience:
• Ability to communicate with the public using courtesy, discretion and sound judgment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Virginia driver’s license
Desired Experience: Previous sanitation work experience helpful but not necessary.
Please visit the website for full job description.