Strategic Housing Officer (Economic Development)
We’re looking for amazing people! Join Virginia Housing as a member of the Strategic Housing Team. This position plays a key role in Virginia Housing’s project development, community lending and Community Outreach relationship building initiatives to promote housing development and economic revitalization across the Commonwealth. This position will lead efforts to build and strengthen partnerships with economic development entities and local governments, increasing the awareness of housing as a foundation for economic competitiveness and developing strategies to finance housing and mixed-use development.
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for day-to-day management of projects and initiatives critical to Virginia Housing’s economic development initiatives, including efforts which support state and federal programs such as GO Virginia and Opportunity Zones.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders and partners to implement strategies for affordable housing development, with an emphasis of furthering economic development through availability of a robust housing inventory.
• Form partnerships to further linkages of housing and economic development and increase awareness of housing as a foundation for economic competitiveness.
• Develop strategies to quantify and illustrate the economic impact of housing.
• Serves as catalyst, bringing diverse groups together to address difficult unmet housing needs.
• Works to promote affordable housing awareness through education, local government and community interaction.
Qualified candidates must possess 6+ years’ experience in affordable housing, economic/community development, finance and affordable housing issues with direct experience in state or local economic development, preferred. Experience in project management, policy analysis, and intergovernmental activities is highly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, urban planning, community development, finance, business administration or similar area or equivalent professional/technical certification or demonstrated work experience, preferred. Travel (50-75%) required with some overnight stays. Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license as a requirement of the position.
This position will be located at Virginia Housing’s Glen Allen, VA office.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://vhdacareers.com/.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.