The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining current and accurate accounting records for all town financial transactions, safeguarding Town assets, financial record keeping and reporting. Ensures that accounting activities are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, legal, regulatory, and organization procedures.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Reconciles all Town bank accounts
• Prepares and enters appropriate journal entries and posts them to the G/L
• Enters revenue received via ACH transactions into the accounting system and posts them to the G/L
• Prepares all monthly financial reports for CFO review
• Analyzes financial records for accuracy and conformance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, legal, regulatory, and organization procedures
• Assists in preparation of yearly audit documentation and supports the auditors during the year end audit
• Assists with the annual budget preparation
• Completes all bi-weekly, quarterly, and yearly tax filings/reporting
• Prepares annual W-2 and 1099 MISC forms and files with appropriate Federal and State agencies
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of financial reporting, tax filings, budget preparation, and policy formation, as they relate to the department.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field or five years of governmental accounting experience or any combination of experience, education, or training that demonstrates the incumbent has the competencies as described in the job description.
See Job Description for full scope of work @https://colonialbeachva.net/
Positions open until filled. EOE. Applications may be obtained from Town Hall, 315 Douglas Avenue, Colonial Beach, VA 22443, or online at www.colonialbeachva.net. Return completed applications to Laura Corbin, Human Resources via email at email@example.com.