James City County General Services Department seeks an individual to perform responsible work in the area of pesticide maintenance for County parks and other grounds and planted areas throughout James City County.
• Oversees work of team members during operations including accountability for job completion, materials selection, coordination of logistics, and overall welfare and performance of assigned personnel.
• Maintains records of assigned work including work performed, pesticide usage, equipment repair and maintenance, and maintains an inventory of necessary pesticides and fertilizers.
• Prepares and maintains a variety of logs and reports; assists in ordering supplies and tracking inventory.
• Performs preventive maintenance on equipment as needed; may review new equipment, chemicals, etc.
• Performs pesticide and fertilizer applications to areas not to be limited to athletic fields, landscaped beds, common turf areas, and roadway medians.
• Could fill in on other grounds keeping crews during times of need, performing duties as assigned.
• This job is considered essential personnel and will be required to work during and following natural disasters and emergency situations.