Sports Official (Basketball, Softball, and/or Flag Football)
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
We are currently seeking Officials for the following Sports: (note that the below listed sports will be updated as needed)
• Adult Basketball – season is April thru June;
• Adult Softball Umpires – season is March thru November;
• Flag Football Officials – season is June – August.
Officials receive a pay of $24 per game. Officiates team sports; Athletic Officiating is a seasonal employment opportunity with scheduling based on weekly availability.
– Must be at least 18 years of age;
– Must have a thorough knowledge of the Sports being officiated;
– Minimum requirements include any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
– Athletic Officiating experience is preferred.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED is preferred.
Special Requirement for Softball Officials:
– Amateur Softball Association/USA Softball Certification required for Softball Umpires only
Skills: Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to demonstrate positive customer service skills when communicating with participants. Physical ability to keep up with the sports being officiated.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.