Software Systems Architect
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
The Department of Information Technology is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Software Systems Architect. The City endeavors to maintain leading-edge technology while providing cost effective IT services. As part of the Information Technology Department, the Software System Architect is responsible for designing the architecture for the City’s portfolio of mobile, client-server, web-based software, and could-native applications under the supervision of the IT Applications Manager.
The hiring salary will be between $70,000 and $104,998.40 annually. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS.
– Must have an in depth knowledge of software system architecture in an integrated environment with applications developed in house and those provided by vendors.
– Must have at least 2 years of experience designing, coding and implementing complex mobile, client-server and web applications using Objective-C, Swift, Python, Android development Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server.
– Requires excellent interpersonal skills to confer with clients, IT staff and vendors.
– Experience developing software systems using Cloud providers, Azure and/AWS.
– Experience architecting, integrating and developing software systems using ESRI and Python.
– Experience in Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.