Social Work Case Manager – Limited Term
• Manages assigned caseload by completing assessments, conducting field visits to schools, homes and hospitals, developing and implementing service plans that address family needs and coordinating regularly scheduled family meetings with community service providers and school personnel.
• Makes referrals for services by being knowledgeable of local services and resources, working with community service providers, serving as a client advocate in accessing services and working with other agencies such as schools, medical and mental health professionals.
• Documents accurately and timely for enrollment paperwork, assessments, reports, family plans, progress notes and other required forms.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in human services or related field.
• Must possess or obtain within 30 days of hire a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze and use judgment in accomplishing diversified duties; think independently within the limits of policies, standards and precedents.