Site Development Coordinator
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can utilize your skills to make a difference in the local community’s development process? If so, consider applying to the City of Harrisonburg’s Site Development Coordinator position in the Community Development Department!
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications listed below may be considered for the Site Development Technician position within the department at an annual rate commensurate with applicant qualifications.
As the Site Development Coordinator, you will:
– Perform office and field engineering and technical work coordinating site plan reviews and permitting processes;
– Coordinate and participate in site plan reviews and other processes for the department’s Engineering Division and other city departments;
– Perform erosion control and stormwater monitoring, inspections, and enforcement, including investigating complaints;
– Assist the development community by answering questions, providing data, and meeting with outside engineers, contractors, and developers;
– Testify in court for enforcement of development regulations, as needed;
– Assist with engineering projects by performing computations, measurements, and CAD drafting, as needed;
– Perform other duties as listed on the City’s website.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree supplemented with coursework in engineering, environmental science, urban planning, public administration, or closely related field.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Current possession of or the ability to obtain the following certification within one (1) year of hire date: VA DEQ Combined Inspector for Erosion & Sediment Control and Stormwater Management.
More information specifically related to this position, including the physical requirements, is available on the City’s website.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted on the City’s website until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This position may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 08/18/2022)
The City provides an excellent benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.